Last Updated: February 1, 2018
What Information Do We Collect?
We collect, receive, generate and store the following types of information:
- Personal Identifying Information: Personal Identifying Information is information that can be used to identify or contact an individual, including but not limited to one’s name, physical address, email address, birthdate, telephone number, account identifiers, account password, payment information, credit card information and other billing data. We may collect, receive and store Personal Identifying Information when you sign up or register with the Services or when you fill out forms or questionnaires or complete your profile through the Services or when you otherwise correspond with us or directly provide such information to us. Furthermore, given that the Services are designed (among other things) to collect, process and analyze your contacts and related information, we may receive, upload and collect Personal Identifying Information of individuals you know or other third parties when you provide such Personal Identifying Information to us, when you authorize us to collect such information from your address books, contact databases, social media accounts or your accounts with other services and applications and/or when we collect such information from available public and third party sources based on the information you have provided to us. If you decide to upload or import your contacts’ information to the Services, we may request your login credentials for the third party service or application from which you would like us to access such information. Where available and applicable, we may utilize the OAuth standard to facilitate the upload of contact data from such third party services and applications which support the OAuth standard, without requiring your password or other login credentials to do so. Otherwise, we will need your login credentials to complete the upload and import of such contact information.
- Personal Non-Identifying Data: Personal Non-Identifying Data is information about individuals and their characteristics, activities or behavior which cannot be used to identify or contact such individual or which has been stripped of any Personal Identifying Information. This type of information includes for example, and without limitation, an individual’s gender, city or state of residence, age, industry, financial profile, demographic profile and other non-identifying characteristics. We collect, receive and store Personal Non-Identifying Data when you directly provide it to us through the Services, when you give us access to such information retained in your computer or accounts or when we collect such information from available public and third party sources.
- User Content: User Content is information, data, text, files, software, graphics, music, audio, photographs, video, messages, communications or other materials (other than Personal Indentifying Information or Person Non-Identifying Data), that you upload, submit, post, transmit, share or otherwise provide on, through or to the Services or in communications to us.
- Information We Collect or Generate About You, Your Contacts and/or the Use of Our Services: We may collect, generate and store certain types of information whenever you use the Services or otherwise interact with us. For example, we may collect or generate associated information about your individual contacts or other individuals related to your network or we may generate analyses or summaries of such information. Our Services may analyze all such data and information and generate derivative data or aggregated data as well as reports and other output. As another example, we may automatically track or record your use of and activity on the Services, the time and date of your activities, your device ID, IP address, browser type, Internet Service Provider, page views, domains, operating system and similar information. Also, we may automatically send and receive information to and from a computer, mobile phone or other device in connection with the use of the Services. Like many websites and online services, we may also use "cookies" (see below), log files, web beacon technologies and other automated tools to obtain certain types of information when a web browser, mobile application or other application accesses our Services. Finally, we may receive reports and data from third party analytics providers and other third party services, which we may combine with the Personal Identifying Information and other information we collect from you.
How Is Your Information Used?
Company may use the information submitted, collected, received or generated from and/or about you and your contacts for any of the following purposes:
- To operate, provide, administer, develop, and improve our Services, and to operate and support Company’s related business operations.
- To generate reports, summaries, updates and alerts regarding your contacts and networks as part of the Services with analyses, useful recommendations or actionable intelligence (such as, for example, Network Summaries and Project 200 Reports). For Candidates, network summary reports analyzing each such Candidate’s contacts and networks in an aggregated manner, without containing or disclosing Personal Identifying Information of such Candidate’s contacts and networks, are provided to the Users interviewing such Candidate.
- To better understand how users access and use our Services on an aggregated and individualized basis, to track and monitor usage, to conduct quality control, to fix technical and other errors or problems, to conduct market research and to respond to user desires and preferences.
- To analyze, compile, publish, sell and otherwise commercialize information (other than Personal Identifying Information and other than individual, non-aggregated Personal Non-Identifying Data), including without limitation derivative information and analyses, relating to usage and users of the Services and information collected through the Services. The foregoing includes, for example, the distribution or sale by Company of aggregated or de-identified data and information.
- For advertising, marketing and promotional purposes (excluding the provision to third parties of, or the publication of, any Personal Identifying Information).
- To provide personalized experiences and recommendations, language and location customization, personalized help and instructions, or other responses to the usage of our Services.
- To provide user support and handle inquiries.
- To communicate with or contact Users concerning the usage of or participation in the Services, and for other customer service; this could include use of e-mail addresses to send messages and notices for the purposes described above and below.
- To provide news and newsletters, special offers, promotions, and targeted advertising (which excludes the provision to third parties of, or the publication of, any Personal Identifying Information).
- To comply with applicable laws, rules and regulations and any regulatory mandate or court order.
- To enforce our TOU and other applicable agreements, rights and remedies.
- To protect the safety of any person, to address fraud, security or technical issues, or to protect Company’s rights or property.
- To use in any other manner, or for any other purpose, for which you have given express permission or consent to Company.
When is Information Shared with or Disclosed to Others or the Public?
Information provided by or collected from our Users is an important part of our business. Company will share and disclose information submitted, collected, received or generated from and/or about you only as compatible with the purposes described above, when we have permission or consent (as may be provided by you from time to time through the Services or otherwise), or as described in this section as follows:
- Disclosures to Employer Users: If you are a Candidate, we may disclose network summary reports to the User that is interviewing you for employment, which reports may analyze your contacts and networks in an aggregated manner, but will not identify such contacts nor contain or disclose Personal Identifying Information of your contacts and networks to such User. If you are an employee or contractor of a User – including without limitation a Candidate that is hired by a User – we may disclose to such User, or provide such User with access to, the identities of your contacts and networks and the Personal Identifying Information of your contacts and networks. Furthermore, we may disclose your own Personal Identifying Information to any User that employs you or is interviewing you as a Candidate.
- Aggregated Data and Anonymous Data: Company may publish and otherwise disclose (a) on an aggregated basis, information (including derivative information and analyses) relating to usage and users of the Services and the contact and network information collected through the Services, and (b) information that does not contain Personal Identifying Information or is de-identified and not connected to the name of an individual or entity nor connected to similar information that would allow one to be specifically identified or contacted.
- Disclosures In Connection with Permitted Uses. Company may disclose your information (other than Personal Identifying Information) to third parties in connection with the purposes described in the previous section such as, for example, to commercialize non-identifying information relating to usage and users of the Services or to implement advertising, marketing or promotional activities or transactions.
- Public Forum: Any User Content or other User information, content or materials submitted, posted, shared, transmitted or otherwise provided to public portions of the Services may be shared with the public without restriction. Company also reserves the right to publish or make publicly available any information that is already publicly available prior to the time first provided to or collected by Company or information that becomes publicly available without any action or omission on the part of Company.
- Business Transfers and Collaborations: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell the Company and/or its business or assets and/or sell or buy applications websites, services, subsidiaries, or other businesses; or we might collaborate or partner with other companies in strategic transactions, business arrangements or licenses. In such transactions, customer and user information and information regarding usage of the Services (including without limitation Personal Identifying Information and Personal Non-Identifying Data) generally would be one of the transferred business assets or otherwise one of the components of, or involved in, the transaction, we may therefore share this information in connection with such transactions or arrangements.
- Compliance with Law and Protection of Company and Others: We reserve the right to disclose Personal Identifying Information and any other information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, judicial proceeding, court order, subpoena or other legal process; detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, emergency situations or technical issues; enforce or apply our TOU and other agreements, rights and remedies; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Company, our employees and contractors, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction purposes.
The Services may include or interoperate with applications, services, features or functionalities provided by third parties. In connection with such third party applications, services, features or functionalities, you may send (or such third parties may get access to) certain information about or related to you or your activities therewith. The use, storage and disclosure of such information by these third parties is subject to their own privacy policies and Company has no responsibility or liability for such use, storage and disclosure by such third parties.
Security and Protection of Your Information
We will make any legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of unencrypted electronically stored "personal data" (as defined in applicable statutes on security breach notification) to you via email or conspicuous posting on or through the Services in an expedient manner and without unreasonable delay, insofar as these are consistent with (i) the legitimate needs of law enforcement or (ii) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
Changing or Deleting Your Information
Cookies and Other Files
Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you access a web page. When you use the Services, our servers may record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any website or utilize any other services or applications. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other information. When you use the Services, we may employ clear GIFs (also known as web beacons) or similar mechanisms which are used to track the online usage patterns of our users anonymously. We may also use clear GIFs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by recipients and which links are clicked by Users. In addition, we may employ similar tracking technologies for mobile devices to collect and store information with respect to any mobile application portions of our Services.
Our Services are hosted in the United States. If you use the Services from the European Union, Asia or any other country outside the United States with laws or regulations governing personal data collection, use and disclosure that differ from the United States laws and regulations, please be advised that through the continued use of the Services, you are transferring information to the United States and you consent to that transfer. Your information may be transferred to - and maintained on - computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide information to us or use the Services, Company transfers personal information to the United States and processes it there, and your submission of such information represents your consent and agreement to that transfer.
Your California Privacy Rights
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about what personal information a company shares with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. We do not share your Personal Identifying Information with third parties for the third parties’ own and independent direct marketing purposes unless we receive your permission.
Our Policy Toward Children
In order to use our Services you must represent and warrant that you are over the age of 18 in the sign-up process. Children under the age of 18 are not eligible to use the Services and must not attempt to sign-up with the Services and/or submit any personal information to us. We do not knowingly collect personal information from any person who is under the age of 18 or allow them to register. If it comes to our attention that we have collected personal data from a person under the age of 18, we will delete this information as quickly as possible.
Links to Other Services and Applications
Our Services may contain links to, interoperate with, and allow you to share content to and from third party services, websites and applications. The fact that we link to a website, service or application or allow you to share content through these third parties is not an endorsement, authorization or representation that we are affiliated with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. Other websites, services and applications follow different rules regarding the collection, use, storage or disclosure of the personal and other information. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites, services and applications you use.
Limitation of Liability